Saturday, September 02, 2006

shards of light

shards of light --
collecting upon my head -
rivets flying from a psyche -- that wants to know
the door
home
random escape - laughs

i die again into the new terror

there is nothing new to tell you -
I wish there was -
but after drying and burning
and feeding the fire -
alas Iam a simple poet relegated to the far corner of a fragmented universe
carrying a torch into
the bottomless hole of light --

lavender lit by the yellow fire -
falling -- falling -- yet floating and falling
I can no longer hold my body to form --

there is no man who can help it -
there is no universe I have not built
my gifts make me suspicious
everything defies words or meaning
floating away --
falling --
if I take a pill - the pill does not work
if I open a door - the door contains more light -

if i cry and beg the darkness
it still doesnt want me --

nothing here will ever satisfy me -
because I know that I came from god-

my body is the room -
is the sky
is the rain -
is the universe -
Iam everything -

and wanting ...
and thus
I can only
remain --
or fashion a womb that will hold me
until I 'am called --
11-05